Launch the site
Before launching the website, there are some things you should go through.
- Check the home page, do all the different elements look right and are they linked correctly?
- Entry pages (landing pages on the first level of the menu structure), do all the different elements look right and are they linked correctly?
- Does the news feed work properly? Is the right news displayed?
- Go through pages, is the structure and content right?
- Are there page managers on all pages?
- Is the accessibility report filled in, and linked in the footer?
Read about how to fill in your accessibility report
When you have gone through the checklist above and feel that your website is ready to be launched, please notify this via Servicedesk (servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se). The email needs to be sent no later than 10 working days before the planned launch date.
- Website prodweb URL
- Website URL after launch
- Website name
- Name of website manager (webbplatsansvarig)
- E-mail address of the website manager
- Date of launch (register no later than 10 working days before launch)
The e-mail subject:
- Please write "Website launch in Drupal"
Once the website has been launched, the website owner and the website manager will be informed by e-mail.
Please note: If your new website is going to have the same URL as an existing website, you need to find out who has operational responsibility for your existing website. If it is not Service Desk, but an external party, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- A while before the launch of your website in Drupal, you need to contact the external party who has operational responsibility for your website and prepare them for the fact that you want to release the URL from their server.
- It is important that the launch date is communicated to the operator of the external party, as the URL must be released on the same day as the launch of your new website in Drupal.
If you have any questions, please contact Servicedesk.
E-mail: servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se
Always enter the URL of the website or page to which the case concerns.